- This event has passed.
Worldwide Voyage Educator Institute
May 16, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$20
A half-day professional development workshop for teachers in the NY area to find ways to work together with Hawaiʻi counterparts toward a sustainable future, using lessons learned from the Worldwide Voyage.
Join us for this special event that will introduce you to the history of voyaging and Hōkūleʻa, the mission and vision of the Worldwide Voyage, and the tools and resources for educators that are currently being compiled and shared. We will cover the basics of using Google tools and other resources to communicate and collaborate classroom-to-classroom, canoe-to-classroom and educator-to-educator to find ways to work together to grow an international network of learners involved in the effort to care for our Island Earth.
This is envisioned as the first of a series of opportunities for educators to build a community of sharing that will help schools and organizations to adopt the values of the voyage and take action to help us shift towards a more positive and sustainable future.
- Pre-registration is required – Click here to RSVP
- *Registration fee will be refundable only upon on-site attendance or exchangeable for a Polynesian Voyaging Society t-shirt (available only at the workshop).
- For questions about this workshop, please email John-Mario Sevilla at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School administrators and other education leaders – please let us know if you are interested in and available for a Worldwide Voyage East Coast planning meeting on May 17, 1-5 p.m.
- Presented by Hālāwai, NYU Wallerstein Collaborative for Urban Environmental Education, & Polynesian Voyaging Society