Hōkūleʻa Mural Project
On Saturday, Aug. 11, Polynesian Voyaging Society (PVS) is kicking off its membership drive with a community mural project by famed artist Prime of Urban 808.
The summer celebration includes an extensive list of entertainment and activities for all ages from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Our Kakaʻako and SALT. Participants will have the chance to listen to crew member stories, enjoy local music and discounts from surrounding shops and restaurants at SALT and Our Kakaʻako. All donations will directly support PVS’s mission, canoe maintenance and community programs.
Participating vendors and activities include:
- Highway Inn – 10% discount
- The Boiling Crab – 10% discount
- Village – 10% discount
- Butterfly Ice Cream – $1 off a regular scoop of ice cream
- 18/8 Fine Men’s Salons – 10% discount
- Lanikai Juice – 10% discount
- Emcee – Debbie Nakanelua-Richards
- Opening chant and mele – Ke Kula o Samuel M. Kamakau
- Hula and Mele – Hawaiian Airlines Halau
- Hawaiian music – Hoʻo Wong
- Contemporary Island music – Kaohu Smith
- Jazz singer – Starr Kalahiki
Prizes and Giveaways from:
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Hawaiian Electric Companies
- 8|18 Fine Men’s Salons
- Epik Chiro
Parking available on the street, at the Flats at Puʻunui and at SALT at Our Kaka‘ako.
Event address: 440 Keawe Street, Honolulu, Hawaiʻi 96813.
This is a fun, family-friendly event for all. Come for an hour or stay for the entire day!
PVS would like to thank our gracious sponsors: Kamehameha Schools, Hawaiian Airlines, Hawaiian Electric Companies, Sherwin-Williams and 808 Urban.