Our Hawaiian voyaging canoes, Hōkūleʻa and Hikianalia, are on five year, 60,000 nautical mile voyage to discover how local communities around the world are navigating toward a sustainable future. Mālama Honua, caring for our island earth, is the guiding value of our voyage and it is inspiring learners of all ages to join us as we discover stories of hope from cultures around the globe.
Whether you are a student, educator, or simply interested in learning in-depth about the Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage, we can provide a roadmap of educational resources and connect you to an amazing network of people and organizations who are leading their communities toward better outcomes. We are also excited to hear stories of hope from you about how your community is navigating toward a better future.
Ways to Participate
- Begin here with a video overview of the Worldwide Voyage.
- Get inspired by stories of hope discovered by crewmembers and shared by people like you.
- Track our voyaging canoes in real-time, dive deeper into each leg of the voyage, and stay current with our crewmember blogs and voyage updates.
- Learn why and how our master navigators use only stars and other natural elements to navigate, then tune-in to current navigation reports.
- Here in the Learning Center, discover how we are linking canoe to classroom, explore education resources including voyage-inspired lesson plans and Hawaiian language resources.
Join a community of inspired individuals and organizations:
Engage with your local and global community to spread the mission and values of Mālama Honua!
- When you sign up to the education network, we’ll send you important tools to help engage students and others with various aspects of the voyage.
- Ask our crew a question while they are voyaging.
- Plant a tree to contribute positively to our natural environment.
- Share a story of hope from your community.
If you have any questions, please email our Learning Center team at firstname.lastname@example.org.