- This event has passed.
May 21, 2015 @ 3:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Join the effort to connect classrooms at home and around the globe with the Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage.
Waʻa Talks supports teachers, administrators and communities that want to learn through the global journey of Hōkūleʻa and Hikianalia. Be part of this intimate opportunity to strengthen community, connect and share ideas.
Free and open to K-12 teachers, administrators and educational resources. Space is limited to 40 participants.
Register at: http://bit.ly/1zmL5El
- “Google Hangout with Uluhani”
- Join a Google Hangout on Air with elementary teacher Uluhani Waiʻaleʻale on the island of Molokaʻi. Learn how to use this technology to connect your students to learning experiences with teachers and students around the globe.
- “The Navigators”
- A 7th grade team-teaching approach to the Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage. Presenters: Kailua Intermediate School.
- “Globe-Trotting with Hōkūleʻa: Canoe Math”
- Follow the journey of Hōkūleʻa using a map to determine how many miles she has or will travel on each leg of the Worldwide Voyage. Presenter: Ilima Choy
- “Energy Carnival”
- Engaging middle school students using games. Presented by Tori Suarez of Opterra Energy.