- This event has passed.
Hui Mālama O Ke Kai Workday
June 4, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Hui Mālama O Ke Kai hopes you can join them once again (or for the first time) on this Saturday, June 4th from approximately 8:00am to 2:00pm (or come when you can, leave when you need) for both a hale waʻa and waʻa workday.
On Saturday volunteers will:
1. Begin putting up the pueo on the hale
2. Begin cross braces
3. Continue sanding and oiling the ʻohia
4. Continue carving work on the waʻa in the field
5. Begin/continue knot and lashing lessons, if time
– Please be sure to wear close-toed shoes and bring gloves, hat, sunscreen and a reusable water bottle.
– A light lunch will be provided so please send a quick RSVP directly to Kathy Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org with a count for your group.
– Finally, please pass this email on to whomever you think might be interested – all are welcome!