- This event has passed.
Holo Moana: Generations of Voyaging – O’ahu
November 4, 2017 - June 24, 2018
Nov. 4, 2017–June 24, 2018
The “Holo Moana: Generations of Voyaging” exhibition at the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum celebrates the story of how a centuries-old ancestral practice has been re-awakened, re-activated, and re-envisioned by Hawaiian and Oceanic voyagers over the past five decades.
Interactive elements include:
- A wind-based immersive experience that brings to life the winds used by voyagers
- A full-dome projection theater with audio narrated by PVS president Nainoa Thompson
- A touchscreen interactive of crewmembers and all legs of Hōkūleʻa voyages
- Footage of the original launching of the Hōkūleʻa
- A 4 screen video wall, displaying the many instances of gift-giving and makana throughout the worldwide voyage of Mālama Honua
Holo Moana: Generations of Voyaging was developed in partnership with PVS. The exhibit is made possible through generous support from the Joseph and Vera Long Foundation and Aqua-Aston Hospitality.
Bishop Museum Admission, Parking & Hours
General Admission Hawai‘i Residents, Hawai‘i College Students and Military with ID
Adults: $22.95 Adults: $14.95
Seniors (65+): $19.95 Seniors (65+): $12.95
Juniors (4–17): $14.95 Juniors (4–17): $10.95
Child (3 and under): Free Child (3 and under): Free
Children age 16 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
$5 per car per visit; free for members with sticker.
Open every day from 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Bishop Museum Café by Highway Inn offers a limited menu of Hawaiian plates, poke bowls, sandwiches and snacks from 10:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. daily. Museum members receive a 10 percent discount with their membership card.